Frequently Asked Questions
The INSTI HIV Self-Test
- What are some common mistakes people make when taking the self-test and how can I avoid them?
- When can I read the result?
- How will I know if my test was done correctly?
- What happens if I spill some of the bottle contents outside the test device?
- How do I make sure I get enough blood?
HIV self-testing in Canada
- Will the test be available for free, or will there be a cost?
- What should a person do if they get a positive self-test result?
- Are the results of a self-test confidential?
- Which self-tests are available in Canada?
- What is HIV self-testing?
Roles of CBOs and HCPs
- What are potential roles for community-based organizations in supporting new testing technologies such as self-testing?
- What supports can community agencies give to people who are seeking self-testing?
- What should an organization consider if they plan to acquire and distribute HIV self-tests?