The I’m Ready research program launch celebration, featuring Canada’s Chief Public Health Officer, Dr. Theresa Tam.
Between the scientific advances of recent decades and with HIV self-testing now available in Canada, the end of HIV in Canada is within reach but only if we can get everyone who needs treatment for HIV diagnosed and connected to care.
On June 2nd, join the MAP/REACH Nexus team at Unity Health Toronto whose research helped get HIV self-testing approved to talk about ending Canada’s HIV epidemic with the I’m Ready research program.
I’m Ready combines mobile and web apps, scientific expertise, proven peer support methods and 50,000 HIV self-test kits for a unique program that harnesses the best in Canadian innovation. Together with our community, policy and private sector partners, we designed I’m Ready so that everyone can get access to testing and care that works for them and meets them where they are.
At Ending HIV in Canada Together: We’re Ready!, you’ll hear from Dr. Sean B. Rourke about building the I’m Ready program, from Dr. Theresa Tam about I’m Ready’s implications for public health, and from Indigenous and community leaders across Canada about how I’m Ready is poised to turn the tide on ending Canada’s HIV epidemic.
When: Wednesday, June 2, 2021, 1 to 1:45 pm.
Where: This is an online event. Register on Zoom.
- Dr. Theresa Tam, Chief Public Health Officer of Canada
- Dr. Sean B. Rourke, Director, REACH Nexus and Scientist, MAP Centre for Urban Health Solutions, St. Michael’s Hospital, Unity Health Toronto
- Dr. Tim Rutledge, CEO and President, Unity Health Toronto
- Robin Fowler, Vice President, Philanthropy, Strategy & Campaigns, St. Michael’s Hospital Foundation
- Albert McLeod, President, Two-Spirited People of Manitoba
- Debby Warren, Executive Director, ENSEMBLE Services Greater Moncton
- Ken Monteith, Executive Director, COCQ-SIDA
- Margaret Kîsikâw Piyêsîs, Chief Executive Officer, CAAN
- Stacy P. Leblanc, Director of Program Development, Pacific AIDS Network
- Maureen Owino, Project Coordinator, Women’s Health in Women’s Hands, Vanier Scholar
- Dr. Charu Kaushic, Scientific Director, CIHR Institute of Infection and Immunity